BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom and fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travellers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly and unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, and fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us?
In order to address its upcoming challenges, BlaBlaCar is migrating its backend architecture to a service-oriented one. Within the Inventory team, you will have the opportunity to scale BlaBlaCar’s core business and help us become the number #1 destination for road transport.
By joining our experimented and talented engineering team, you will contribute to design and develop a new service dedicated to the very core of BlaBlaCar: carpool trip publication and booking; making sure it is simple, robust, and scalable.The core of our stack is composed of Java, MariaDB, Kafka, and PHP/Symfony (legacy).
What you will directly contribute to
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, in a team of 4 engineers (to date);
- Building a robust and scalable backend service that support BlaBlaCar websites and mobile apps
- Taking part in the design definition of the services and their APIs to ensure they are scalable, robust and easy to use
- Interacting with multiple internal stakeholders (front-end developers, product managers, business analysts, etc.)
- Deploying and operating your services to production and ensuring they are performing as expected through monitoring and instrumentation
- Helping us improving our agile team processes and animating some of our team rituals
What you will need to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience in engineering teams within tech companies;
- Fluency in object-oriented language (ideally Java) development and eager to constantly learn new technologies;
- Good knowledge of service-oriented architecture and architectural patterns;
- A strong ability to lead analysis based on product specifications and needs
- Practical knowledge of ops tools (monitoring, deployment, containers, linux…) and willingness to contribute to building a true DevOps environment;
- Product-oriented spirit, with the ambition to deliver the best experience to end-users:
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, humility, and team-playing;
- Fluent in spoken and written English; proficiency in French is a plus.
A few practical details about the role
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ / Remote from France
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too;
- A strong “Fun & Serious” company culture;
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw);
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location;
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork;
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment;
- Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other;
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we’re all up to date with where our product stands;
And some other great perks!
- Free carpooling to live our value “Be The Member”;
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend;
- Possibility to work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad for a week once a year (BlaBlaSwap);
- Opportunity to attend Tech conferences in France and Europe
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your application and profile fit our requirements,we will invite you for a phone interview, followed by in-house interview sessions.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply
Inviare cv e cover letter direttamente dal sito di Meritocracy