The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Senior PHP Developer (m/f/d) to join our tech department. In this position, you will work on continuously refactoring and improving our systems. Experience in performance optimizations and improvements as well as debugging skills are a must.
We are responsible for the Westwing warehouse management system, stock service, and other internal services of our logistic systems.
Our warehouse management system is currently used in 5 of our warehouses spread across 4 countries (Germany, Poland, Spain and Italy). It manages all the processes in the warehouse, starting from the inbound of the items, going through the whole lifecycle of an inventory item, packaging it and delivering it to the customer as well as the tracking of the shipments and the returns. Furthermore you will optimize our platform for scalability during peak traffic hours. Adhering to agile SW-development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them to team members.
Core technologies used in the application:
PHP 7, MySQL, Docker, RabbitMQ, RESTful APIs, Memcached, AWS, K8s, Git, GitLab CI
Your responsibilities will be:
- Investigating and solving performance issues of our high traffic systems
- Profiling and debugging challenging cases using industry-leading tools (e.g. NewRelic, Blackfire)
- Developing common solutions and libraries for our systems
- Developing internal tools for common data fixes
- Participating on our daily meeting to review and prioritize issues reported by our internal users
- Investigating and fixing reported issues
- Reviewing existing processes and proposing improvements when needed
- Communicating with our internal users to clarify and update them about the status, solutions etc of the reported issues
You come with:
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (any framework but Symfony/Zend desirable) and databases (MySQL)
- Good knowledge of other backend technologies such as Memcached/Redis, Docker etc.
- Fun at doing investigation tasks and analysing processes
- Enjoy communicating with internal users
- Ability to work in an English-speaking team
- Working in international environment with experienced software engineers and architects
- Being a part of an autonomous team responsible for choosing tools and technologies
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development: internal hackatons, knowledge-sharing sessions, team events
- Yearly conference budget
- Financing all top industry certifications
Location: MunichContact Person: Laura Gehling
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.
How to Apply
inviare cv e cover letter direttamente dal sito di Meritocracy