Festicket empowers music fans with a seamless service to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide. Our platform offers an end-to-end experience for music travellers, an efficient two-sided marketplace for 1,500+ music festivals across 40 different countries, and a network of 5,000 suppliers for accommodation & travel packages. In six short years, we have become Europe’s largest music festival platform.
The Festicket Family is currently at 150, and we’re passionate about changing the face of live music experiences. Our head office is in Camden, London with smaller offices in Berlin, Amsterdam, Porto, Nantes, San Francisco and our recent acquisition of Ticket Arena in Leeds.
We’re now post Series-D funded, and backed by some of the UK’s largest VC funds.
We’ve been announced as #6 in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100, a Tech City UK’s Future Fifty company, #80 in the Financial Times Fastest Growing 1000 EU Companies and have just been announced in Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019.
In this role you would be working on online platform called Event Genius, and more recently Event Genius Pay by Festicket, our award-winning cashless payment solution, helping spearhead our newest steps in event technology.
Join us on our mission in transforming the way music fans discover, book tickets and travel packages for festivals around the world.
- We are looking for an experienced backend developer who specialises in PHP with experience leading teams and a passion for building great products with solid engineering practices using the latest technologies.
- You would be working as a lead developer providing guidance, technical oversight and general management to the backend developers working within our B2B focussed team who are responsible for the EventGenius and TicketArena products.
- You would be working closely with the product manager to drive the development of these products and help the team to deliver quality work as effectively as possible.
- You would also be working closely with the technical leads (Frontend, QA, DevOps) and the CTO to: define the working practices and technical direction of the engineering team, improve the productivity of the product teams, assist in solving complex engineering problems, onboard new developers and help upskill our current developers.
- You would also be expected, along with the other backend developers in your team, to drive improvements in the architecture of the EventGenius application for performance, scalability and robustness while making use of the latest technologies, reducing complexity, making development easier and ensuring quality.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a startup environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking “how can we do this better?”. You have the experience and aptitude to provide direction for other staff, to help develop less experienced developers and improve the team as a whole.
We believe in agile development processes and our teams are collaborative, product focussed, cross-functional units that are empowered to define their own work and organise themselves. We work incrementally and dedicate time to ensuring that our work is technically strong, using the latest tools and technologies where possible. We like to build fast, scalable, easily maintainable applications using whichever tools are right for the job. Most of all, we like to deliver! We believe in manageable chunks of work with continuous integration and delivery to enable fast shipping, so that we’re always making progress.
- 5+ years experience as a developer and 3+ years working with PHP
- Team lead experience
- Knowledge of SQL, RDBMSs (preferably Postgres) and database design
- Comfortable with the command line and fluent in git
- Experience setting up or working with CI/CD platforms
- Experience with Docker
- Have a computing or software engineering degree or applicable commercial engineering experience
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms would be beneficial
- It would be great if you’d had experience as a developer in the travel, music, e-commerce or ticketing industries before, but it’s not a requirement.
We’re a team of 150 globally, with our head quarters in the heart of Camden. We’re a team of 150 globally, with our headquarters in the heart of Camden and our Leeds office is located at 31-32 Park Row, Leeds LS1 5JD. By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
By joining us you will be part of one of the fastest growing music / travel start-up companies in Europe, where you will have ample opportunity for career progression as we continue to grow.
Benefits & Perks also include:
- Modern Leeds city centre office (3 minutes walk from train station)
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 15 sick days per annum
- Discretionary flexible working from home
- Festicket workplace pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to go to selected & partnered music festivals for free & all year round staff discount
- Extra day holiday for your birthday
- Free [****] account, offering great employee financial wellness
- Management training programme
- Free breakfast
- Weekly delivery of beers, food, snacks, fruits and drinks
- Weekly drinks at 4pm on Friday
- Regular team lunches
- Fun monthly company events
- Perks – free Festicket T-shirts, Jumpers and more
- Value driven start-up culture