BlaBlaCar’s vision is to bring fairness, freedom, and fraternity to the world of travel.
BlaBlaCar was created in 2006 with one dream in mind: fill the millions of empty seats on the road to create an efficient, affordable and friendly way to travel. Today, our global, trusted community counts 75 million members in 22 countries, enabling a smarter, large scale and truly sustainable transport network.
Born from a simple idea of people sharing their rides, BlaBlaCar’s ambition is to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility. We offer long-distance carpooling service, a commuting carpooling service, and since 2018 a marketplace bus service too. A filled bus emits one-third of the emissions per passenger kilometer as an average car. So we want to fill those seats too!
In 2018, 84 million travelers used BlaBlaCar globally saving 1.6 million tons of CO2. Meanwhile, we enabled human connections, bringing people closer together in more ways than one with 87% of members say that carpooling is an enriching experience.
BlaBlaCar offers a truly and unique international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices in Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), São Paulo, Warsaw. English is the official spoken language across BlaBlaCar. We are privately-held and founder-led. Our team of 500 employees is entrepreneurial, passionate, and fundamentally mission-driven.
Why join us?
Along with 11 talented front-end engineers, you will contribute to the Single Page Application project which goal is to migrate our website out of our PHP monolith to a responsive web app in an API centric model. Our new stack includes state of the art web frameworks (ES6, TypeScript, React, saga, redux, jest, webpack, etc.) and server-side rendering with NodeJS.
We’re working in an agile way and are organized in front-end squads, focused on a given product scope (e.g. search, booking, …).
What you will directly contribute to
- Enhancing and maintaining [****] SPA complex technical stack: 3 million page views per day in 22 countries
- Developing and maintaining our new design system by challenging UX members and participating in product reviews
- Launching new features while keeping a high-quality codebase
- Finishing to migrate the BlaBlaCar website from a PHP monolith to a React single page application (95% of traffic already migrated)
- Optimizing the carpooling experience while integrating our new BlaBlaBus product
What you will need to be successful:
- Ability to modify and challenge a complex front-end web technical stack
- Experience in building and maintaining scalable and high-quality software
- Prior experience in TypeScript or back-end technologies such as Java, PHP Symfony, would be a plus
- Product-oriented spirit with the ambition to deliver the best experience to our members
- Fluent in spoken and written English, proficiency French is a plus
- A fun and serious attitude
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
- Free carpooling to live our value “Be The Member”
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
- Possibility to do a BlaBlaSwap once a year and go work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad
- Bi-Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos
- The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
- Opportunity to attend Tech conferences in France and Europe
What is next:
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English. Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following two weeks. If your application and profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for a phone interview, followed by two/three in-house interview sessions and a test.
How To Apply
Inviare cv e cover letter direttamente dal sito di Meritocracy.is