Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet!
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colourful by the day. Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 750 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for Senior Full-Stack Engineers to join our office in Berlin!
In your role as a Senior Engineer, your mission will be to change the future of language learning while working in a challenging environment. Working together with ambitious colleagues, you will be collaborating and diving into different disciplines to broaden your knowledge in other fields of expertise as well as share your own. You will contribute to a great architecture and build the base of an easily extendable and well maintainable application.
- Experience building scalable systems and applications using languages like Ruby or Node.JS
- Experience with at least one component-based frontend framework like React
- Testing experience on different levels: unit, integration, contract and E2E
- Knowledge of analysing metrics about system health and performance
- Experience with distributed systems
- Understanding on lean and agile practices
- Willingness to cooperate with product and business stakeholders building together a trust working environment
- Efficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Love for an open, inclusive culture that supports learning and encourages collaboration
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Deliver value iteratively by building high-quality applications and features
- Build, maintain, and take ownership of a rich ecosystem of applications and services
- Be part of feature teams and build end-to-end customer features
- Ensure that the systems you own are healthy, resilient, and perform well
- Collaborate cross-functionally on feature design, architectural decisions, and assessing technical debt
- Work with cutting-edge tools and services like Terraform to shape our AWS infrastructure or DataDog to visualise our metrics
- Shape our coding guidelines and quality standards
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog for a fuller picture of #lifeatbabbel!
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us!
How To Apply
Inviare cv e cover letter direttamente sul sito di Meritocracy.is